The earliest book studied by the Supreme Pontiff of Hinduism (SPH) was the sacred scripture called Atma Purana, which contains the Tamil translation of the first four Upanishad. This book is still today preserved in KAILASA's Archives of Sovereign. In the own words of SPH: "Fortunately, the first ever book I was introduced to in My life, before even any schoolbook entered My life, the first ever book I was introduced to, is the Upanishads by Isakki Swamigal. And still we have that copy with us; we have that book; the four major Upanishads, Tamil translation. At that time, I cannot read; he (Isakki Swamigal) will read and give explanations. Kuppammal will ask questions, and he will give answers. And, actually, only through that book I even learnt the alphabets! Fortunately, even the language was taught to Me only by My Gurus. I did not go to school that regularly to learn something from that school. I went to school whenever there were no festivals in the temple, when I was free, which is less than sixty days in a year! Please understand, Tiruvannamalai Temple has at least three-hundred days' festivals in a year! And in those sixty days, sometimes it will be summer holidays for the school, and weekends. Anyhow... Because I learnt the language to study the Upanishads, that book has become so part of Me! It is actually a Tamil translation and Commentary. I can literally just repeat the whole book! I can just literally repeat the whole book!" - SPH, on 5 January 2015, in the discourse titled: 'Upanishad - The Expression of the Cosmos'


via Instagram https://instagr.am/p/CLd0fYCAcPk/

Comments

Popular Posts